Canonica a Cerreto

Canonica a Cerreto (small chapel in an oakwood) was built 1000 years ago and in the 1300s was the summer residence of the Bishops of Siena. It is situated 12 km east of Siena at an altitude of 380 mt and overlooks a beautiful panorama of the Crete Senesi. Its soil of Limestone and clay and its hot and windy climate are ideal for the cultivation of full-bodied fragrant wines.