Borgo Scopeto is a Farm that extends over a territory of 503 hectares, located in the Sienese Borough of Castelnuovo Berardenga at an altitude ranging from 350 to 420 metres, on a terrain of mainly clay-marl rocks containing arenaceous elements bound by limestone. The surface of the Farm is currently dedicated to approx. 70 hectares of vineyards, and 50 hectares of olive trees. The earliest documented evidence of Scopeto dates back to the beginning of 1000, as a rural fortified hamlet belonging to the cathedral of Siena. In 1300 the estate was given to the noble Sienese family Sozzini, who held and maintained the property for more than 5 centuries developing a thriving farm business mainly devoted to wine production. In recent times, Borgo Scopeto has refined its quality and begun to bottle its own wines, the first bottle of Chianti Classico with the Borgo Scopeto label appearing in 1990.